Slow-Roasted Winter Vegetables
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a mixture my husband came up with using what we had on hand in the fall, and it became a favorite. The first effort for these slow-roasted vegetables was on the BBQ, but it works just as well in the oven. Tastes even better re-heated, and makes great addition to soups and pot pies."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 247
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place butternut squash, yams, sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots, turnip, mushrooms, shallots, and garlic in a large bowl. Add rosemary, salt, and pepper. Toss until evenly mixed, then add oil and toss until coated. Pour into large baking pans so that the vegetables are no more than 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Bake in the preheated oven, tossing and scraping the bottom every 30 minutes, until vegetables are very tender, at least 90 minutes; longer is better.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use any winter squash you prefer. You can use 1 medium onion instead of 3 shallots. You can use 1 tablespoon dried rosemary instead of fresh.
- Adjust proportions to suit tastes, but try to keep balance of veggies roughly equal.
- Can also be cooked on the top rack of a BBQ for 60 to 90 minutes, taking care not to burn on the bottom.
Per Serving: 247 calories; 5 49.6 4.3 0 207 Full nutrition