Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 532
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cloves together in a flat dish.
- Beat eggs and lemon zest together in another flat dish. Add panko bread crumbs to a third shallow dish.
- Dip each chicken breast into the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture and the panko mixture to coat thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium heat. Pan-fry chicken in batches until browned and no longer pink in the center, turning as needed, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- While the chicken is cooking, combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Let it start to warm.
- Whisk lemon juice and cornstarch together in a bowl. Add to the heated syrup and whisk to combine. Slowly turn up the heat until sauce boils and thickens.
- Pour the desired amount of sauce over each chicken breast and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If breading begins to brown too quickly, remove from oil and heat in an oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 532 calories; 9.2 85.5 33.1 158 707 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2