Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 320
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 scones)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, sugar, ginger, cardamom, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together until thoroughly combined. Grate in frozen butter using a box grater. Toss until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in chopped ginger.
- Whisk buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl or measuring cup until thoroughly combined. Add to dry ingredients and mix just until no dry clumps of flour remain; dough will be somewhat sticky.
- Turn dough out onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently press dough together into an even 7-inch circle. Lightly flour your hands if dough is too sticky to shape. Cut dough into 8 triangles using a bench scraper. Space scones 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Whisk egg and water until combined. Gently brush the top of each scone with the egg wash. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until scones are lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring scones to a wire rack to cool completely.
You might also like
Per Serving: 320 calories; 13.4 43.4 6.4 78 401 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1