Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 630
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat oil and butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and shallots and cook and stir until onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in brown sugar well. Continue to cook over medium heat until well caramelized, 45 to 60 minutes. Stir occasionally, being sure to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- While onions cook, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain. Set aside and keep warm.
- Bone chicken and cut meat into chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Add flour, thyme, and garlic to the caramelized onions. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Add Marsala wine, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Add beef broth. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking continually until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add Greek yogurt and mix well.
- Stir pasta, chicken, and mozzarella cheese into the sauce. Mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into an oven-safe dish. Top with Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh thyme for fancier presentation at serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute sour cream for Greek yogurt if desired.
Per Serving: 630 calories; 24.4 56.2 40.3 104 417 Full nutrition