Low-Carb Mexican Chicken Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Great low-carb twist on an old favorite. Cauliflower replaces the potatoes and roasted red peppers replace the carrots. Black soy beans subbed for black beans. Rich and filling, this chicken soup is a satisfying low-carb meal. Freezes well. Serve with Cabot® shredded Cheddar cheese and lime wedges."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 164
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Combine water, broth, chicken, 1/2 of the cauliflower, 1/2 of the celery, onion, garlic, cayenne, garlic powder, seasoned salt, cumin, black pepper, and bay leaves in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and let simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks.
- Remove stock from heat and puree with an immersion blender. Add shredded chicken, soybeans, mushrooms, baby corn, red peppers, and lime juice to the pot and stir to combine. Return to a boil; reduce heat and let simmer for 1 hour. Serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use black beans instead of soy beans and frozen corn instead of fresh.
- The immersion blender is a critical step. It thickens without adding starch or cream.
- Add Frank's® RedHot® sauce to taste for a spicier version.
Per Serving: 164 calories; 4.8 16.9 16 22 1373 Full nutrition