Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 538
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Combine milk and butter in a large pot over medium heat. Heat just until butter melts, 3 to 5 minutes. Whisk in flour gradually until sauce is smooth again. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Remove from heat and add Gruyere and Cheddar cheeses. Stir until melted and well blended. Add bacon and truffle oil; mix well.
- Pour cooked pasta into the pot and stir until thoroughly coated with the sauce. Pour into a 9x13-inch baking pan. Sprinkle bread crumbs lightly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 538 calories; 29.7 40.6 26.3 86 700 Full nutrition