Italian Flag Verrines
11 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 350
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 appetizers)
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Saute zucchini, onion, and garlic until some of the liquid has evaporated and zucchini is softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pesto.
- Spoon mixture into 8 small, clear glasses and chill in the refrigerator.
- While green layer is chilling, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, sugar, garlic powder, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl. Whip heavy cream into stiff peaks and fold into ricotta mixture. Layer over chilled zucchini mixture and return to the refrigerator.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add bell peppers, cover, and steam until tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Puree peppers with tomatoes and cayenne in a food processor until smooth and spread over chilled ricotta layer. Chill for 1 hour. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Jarred red peppers can be substituted for fresh.
- This recipe can be made ahead, wrapped in plastic wrap, and frozen for up to 2 weeks. Defrost fully before serving.
Per Serving: 350 calories; 25.4 18.2 13.8 43 576 Full nutrition