Air Fryer Roasted Salsa
"This simple restaurant-style salsa is made with vegetables that are first roasted in your air fryer. Roasting adds an extra depth of flavor, while mellowing the usual bite you'd get from the onion and garlic. If you have an air fryer with a smaller basket, you can halve the recipe or roast the veggies in 2 batches. The longer you let the salsa sit, the better it becomes!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 30
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place tomatoes and jalapeno skin-side down into the air fryer basket, along with red onion. Lightly spray vegetables with cooking spray to help the roasting process.
- Air fry vegetables for 5 minutes. Open basket and add garlic cloves. Spray lightly with cooking spray and air fry for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a cutting board and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove skins from tomatoes and jalapeno, if desired; they should slip right off. Chop tomatoes, jalapeno, and onion into large chunks and add to the bowl of a food processor. Add garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Pulse several times until vegetables are finely chopped; do not over-process. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate to let flavors meld.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For a spicier salsa, leave some or all of the seeds in the jalapeno.
Per Serving: 30 calories; 0.3 6.8 1.3 0 33 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1