Mixed Mushroom Risotto
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 312
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring chicken broth to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in mushroom powder. Cover, lower heat, and keep at a simmer until needed for risotto.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in another large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring often, until soft but not browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add rice and bay leaf and stir until evenly coated. Increase heat to medium and cook until rice releases a nutty smell and looks glassy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine and 1/4 cup of simmering broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Continue adding chicken broth in 1/2 cup increments, stirring constantly and only adding more broth when all liquid has been absorbed, until all broth has been added and rice is tender but not mushy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until they have released their liquid and it has cooked off, 5 to 7 minutes. Add mushrooms to the risotto and stir gently. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and butter, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and let stand for 1 to 2 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and extra Parmesan, if desired.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For fresh mushrooms I use the mixed mushrooms from a local mushroom farm, which contain yellow oyster, trumpet, brown beech, cremini, and portobello mushrooms but other combinations of fresh mushrooms will work well too.
Per Serving: 312 calories; 14.9 32 10.5 16 393 Full nutrition