Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 350
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie )
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites. Set egg whites aside for meringue.
- Place rhubarb into the prepared pie crust. Mix sugar, evaporated milk, 3 egg yolks, flour, and salt for filling together in a bowl. Pour mixture over rhubarb. Place pie onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Turn oven temperature down to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake for 30 minutes more. Remove pie from the oven. Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Beat the reserved egg whites for meringue in another bowl until frothy. Slowly add sugar, salt, and cream of tartar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over the baked pie.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 350 calories; 11.1 58.2 6 76 459 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1