Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 525
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine honey, water, ketchup, vinegar, chili powder, salt, and hot sauce for honey-chipotle sauce in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes. When reduced to desired consistency, remove from heat.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper for chicken in a shallow bowl. Place beaten eggs in a separate bowl. Combine bread crumbs and paprika in a third bowl. Coat chicken tenders in the flour mixture, then into the egg mixture, and then in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in the hot oil and cook until the breading is golden brown and the chicken is fully white and no longer pink or translucent in the center, 3 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Toss tenders in honey-chipotle sauced until coated and place on the bottom half of potato rolls. Top chicken with a dill pickle round and lettuce. Serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If the breading is cooking faster than the chicken, lower the temperature or place the tenders on a baking sheet and cook in a 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- You may also choose to drizzle sauce over chicken instead of tossing if preferred.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 525 calories; 14.8 76.8 23.7 95 1184 Full nutrition