Skillet-Roasted Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 510
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Peel and quarter sweet potatoes, and slice to 1/4-inch thickness. Halve or quarter Yukon Gold potatoes depending on size. Place in a bowl, cover with water, and set aside.
- Combine parsley, garlic, onion, rosemary, sage, thyme, paprika, and pepper in a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle until finely ground. Divide into thirds.
- Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil over chicken and rub in 1/3 of the spice blend.
- Heat remaining oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken, skin-side down, into the skillet and quickly brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and remove skillet from heat. Drain and layer potatoes in the bottom of the skillet, add wine and chicken broth, and sprinkle in 1/3 of the spice blend. Layer chicken on top and sprinkle with remaining 1/3 spice blend. Cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the centers, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). The starch from the potatoes will thicken the broth and wine into a gravy. Serve immediately.
You might also like
Per Serving: 510 calories; 18.8 44.9 23.9 73 576 Full nutrition