Cheesy Chicken Casserole
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 470
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 casserole)
- Bring water, chicken broth, and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place shredded chicken in a large casserole dish. Add soup, water chestnuts, Cheddar cheese, broccoli, mushrooms, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Stir well, then spread the top so it's even.
- Bake in the preheated oven until nicely browned and bubbly, 30 to 45 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Cream of celery or chicken soup works too.
- You can use any kind of shredded cheese you like.
- I make this dish without chicken (and chicken broth) for my vegetarian friends. Just add more veggies.
Per Serving: 470 calories; 22.7 34.5 30.7 91 877 Full nutrition