Vegan Acorn Squash Stuffed with Israeli Couscous
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 482
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 stuffed squash halves)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Place squash, cut-sides down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is soft to the touch, about 30 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, bring water and bouillon to a boil over medium-high heat. Add couscous and garlic, cover, and lower to a simmer. Cook until water has been absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, leek, and bell pepper; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add couscous and mix to combine.
- Remove squash from the oven and stuff with the couscous-veggie mixture.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If using a couscous other than Osem®, follow the directions for 2 cups of cooked couscous.
- You may use chicken soup base, or add some grated mozzarella cheese to the recipe, or sweet sausage, which will turn this recipe to a non-vegan food.
Per Serving: 482 calories; 14.3 79.6 11.6 0 67 Full nutrition