Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 350
Original recipe yields 14 servings (1 Bundt(R) cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R).
- Combine sugar and cinnamon for filling in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine buttermilk and poppy seeds for cake in a small bowl; allow to soak until needed. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Cream sugar and butter together in a separate bowl. Beat in egg yolks. Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with buttermilk-poppy seed mixture, beating batter briefly after each addition.
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until foamy. Fold into cake batter with almond extract. Spoon 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with 1/2 of the sugar-cinnamon filling; repeat. Spoon remaining batter on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in the pan for 1 hour, then loosen cake and invert carefully onto a serving plate.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you don't have buttermilk, place 2 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar or lemon juice in a 1-cup liquid measure. Fill the rest of the way with milk.
Per Serving: 350 calories; 16.8 45.5 5.6 89 376 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1