Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 88
Original recipe yields 48 servings (48 cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour and cocoa powder in a bowl. Drain cherries, reserving 4 teaspoons juice. Halve any large cherries.
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Press down in the center of each ball with your thumb and place a cherry or cherry half in the center of each cookie.
- Combine chocolate pieces and condensed milk for frosting in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; heat until chocolate melts. Stir in reserved cherry juice. Spoon about 1 teaspoon frosting over each cookie, spreading to cover the cherry.
- Bake in batches in the preheated oven until edges are firm, about 10 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheets for 1 minute before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I use Ole Smokey® cherries, found at the liquor store.
- You can thin the frosting with additional cherry juice if desired.
Per Serving: 88 calories; 3.7 13.4 1.4 14 54 Full nutrition