Easy Danish Almond Pastries
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 244
Original recipe yields 20 servings (20 pastries)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x13-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- Unroll 1 tube of crescent roll dough and spread in the bottom of the prepared pan. Seal the seams of the dough to prevent from separation.
- Roll almond paste into a thin sheet, large enough to cover your cake pan. Cut edges with a knife or rolling pizza cutter.
- Combine mascarpone cheese, 1/2 cup white sugar, and egg yolk in the bowl of an electric mixer; mix until thoroughly combined and smooth with no lumps remaining. Spread evenly on top of dough. Place rolled out almond paste on top of cheese mixture.
- Open the remaining tube of crescent dough, unroll it, and put on top of the almond paste. Seal all of the seams and ensure dough covers the entire top of the pan. Whisk egg white and use a pastry brush to spread on the top of the rolled out dough. Spread sliced almonds on top to coat. Lightly sprinkle remaining white sugar evenly on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix powdered sugar and water for glaze together in a bowl. Drizzle over the top of the cooled Danish and cut.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use something such as a large sheet of parchment to roll out the almond paste. If you are in a warm climate, you may want to store the finished sheet in the refrigerator, until you are ready to use it.
Per Serving: 244 calories; 15 23.5 4.4 23 187 Full nutrition