Turkey, Potato, and Onion Casserole
6 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 273
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with lightly salted water; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook until barely tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and place in the prepared baking dish with turkey on top.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion slices; cook, stirring, until barely tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Separate into rings and place evenly on top of turkey.
- Melt butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Stir in flour and allow to bubble. Cook, stirring, about 3 minutes. Stir in turkey stock and return to a boil. Stir constantly for 3 to 4 minutes, then remove from heat. Stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese until melted, then stir in sour cream and pepper. Adjust seasoning if desired. Pour skillet contents into the baking dish, gently shaking the dish to settle the contents. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over top.
- Bake in the center rack of the preheated oven until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- No turkey? Sub leftover cooked chicken. Want an even creamier sauce? Sub milk for the broth. There are lots of ways to make this casserole your own!
- Chicken broth can be used instead of turkey broth.
Per Serving: 273 calories; 13.5 24 14.4 45 324 Full nutrition