Lime-Mint Pound Cake with Strawberry Filling
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 429
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 Bundt(R) cake)
- Place strawberries, sugar, and lime juice for filling in a nonreactive pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture has thickened and reduced to about 1 cup, 20 to 25 minutes. Mash strawberries into smaller pieces with the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)).
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in lime juice, lime zest, and vanilla extract. Pour 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in 1/2 of the yogurt until just combined. Repeat once more with flour and yogurt, then with remaining flour. Gently fold in mint leaves.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Carefully spoon the cooled filling over the batter, keeping it away from the sides and center tube of the pan. Carefully spoon remaining batter over the filling and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a bamboo skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges to loosen. Invert carefully onto a serving plate or cooling rack. Let cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Sour cream, plain yogurt, or buttermilk may be used in place of the Greek yogurt.
Per Serving: 429 calories; 19.9 56.3 7.8 137 219 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1