Avocado Potato Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I got this potato salad recipe from a friend who got it from an adapted recipe from the California Avocado Commission. It's a wonderful recipe, that is lighter because the wonderful tangy dressing substitutes for mayo in most salads such as this. Lots of wonderful flavors, textures, and colors! You may serve this at room temperature, but it is best covered tightly and chilled for 1 to 3 hrs before serving. Can be prepared up to three hours in advance before serving."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 238
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place potatoes in a large pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil; continue to boil until just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss avocado with 2 tablespoons of lime juice and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a bowl of cold water to cool, about 10 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk remaining lime juice, garlic, yogurt, honey mustard, olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a nonreactive bowl for dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Pour the dressing over potatoes and toss gently. Gently fold in avocados, onion, and cilantro.
You might also like
Per Serving: 238 calories; 9.6 36.1 5.3 < 1 349 Full nutrition