Summery Shrimp with Pesto
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 424
Original recipe yields 3 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add basil leaves, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper to a blender. Pulse and stir down. Drizzle in tiny amounts of water and continue to pulse and stir down, then blend to desired consistency.
- Melt butter in the empty pasta pot. Saute shrimp over medium heat until bright pink and opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook. Set aside.
- Add white and light green parts of scallions to the pot and saute over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute more. Add sliced zucchini and saute over medium-high heat, stirring and turning occasionally, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Adjust the heat so zucchini starts to caramelize, but don't cook to mush.
- Quickly stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons water to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Cook for 30 seconds to reduce the liquid, then remove from heat. Stir in shrimp.
- Spoon shrimp and zucchini over the pasta. Garnish with green onion tops. Serve with pesto on the side.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use extra-large or jumbo shrimp if preferred.
Per Serving: 424 calories; 19.4 37.2 26.6 193 574 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1