Zucchini Noodles with Basil Pesto and Bacon
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 568
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Lay bacon slices on a large baking tray.
- Broil in the preheated oven until crispy, 9 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a large plate lined with absorbent kitchen paper and allow to cool and harden.
- Crumble the cooled bacon into smaller pieces and combine with pesto sauce.
- Use a spiralizer or julienne peeler to cut zucchini into noodles, snipping midway to prevent them from getting too long.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add zucchini and garlic and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add pesto-bacon mixture and heat for 2 minutes longer. Toss well so the noodles are evenly coated. Taste and season with salt if needed.
- Top with freshly grated Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese so it can melt while the dish is still warm. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Top with arugula, but do not mix it in. Serve immediately.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you use pork bacon, drain off fat into a small container. Use 1 tablespoon fat to cook the noodles instead of olive oil.
- You can buy premade zucchini noodles at your grocery store.
Per Serving: 568 calories; 44.9 22.4 24.9 57 1207 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1