Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 636
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl; mix in shrimp and prosciutto.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Brush olive oil over chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 5 minutes per side. Cool briefly before slicing into strips. Add to the penne mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Prepare the sauce by melting butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic, cover, and cook until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Pour in Marsala wine and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, milk, chicken broth, cornstarch, mustard, rosemary, thyme, salt, and cayenne pepper. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, about 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over the penne mixture and mix well. Transfer to a 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and paprika over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top slightly browns, 10 to 12 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I make this recipe even easier by buying the packages of precooked chicken breast strips and frozen cooked shrimp that i just throw in the microwave for a bit to thaw. Then all you have to do is cook the sauce and pasta and throw everything together!
- Fresh herbs are best, but dried rosemary and thyme will work.
- You can use a shallow baking dish or 4 pie plates instead of a 9x13-inch pan. Shorten the baking time if using multiple dishes.
Per Serving: 636 calories; 36.6 47.1 29.2 188 753 Full nutrition