Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 500
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir Italian and kielbasa sausages in the hot skillet until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain grease.
- Stir potatoes, water, chicken broth, heavy cream, celery, bouillon, garlic, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper into the pot. Reduce heat and let simmer until potatoes are tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can add spicy Italian sausage if you like spicy, or more crushed red pepper, as well as add onions.
- You can also add in a little kale to this instead of celery. The chicken broth sounds like it would clash but once you make this recipe, you will see how outstanding this tastes. Add and replace various items according to what you and your family like.
- Cooking time can vary depending on how slow you cook this according to when the potatoes are done. You can cut the potatoes into bigger pieces if you want to cook it longer, and some into smaller pieces to help thicken the soup.
Per Serving: 500 calories; 39.2 18.3 17.4 105 1832 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
We loved it . I only added 1 pound of spicy Italian sausage. I felt that was enough. Will surely make it again. GB from Florida