Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 776
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cook and stir ground beef in a pot over medium-high heat until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour.
- While meat is browning, rinse starch from potatoes and keep in water until needed.
- Remove browned meat to a plate, discarding fat. Place butter in the pot along with celery and onion. Cook over medium-high heat until onion is soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add potatoes, heavy cream, milk, and water. Cook at a low simmer until all liquid is slightly thick and potatoes are soft, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Season with fennel seeds, salt, and pepper. Top with Cheddar cheese.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Optionally you can cook a couple of slices of bacon prior to the onions and celery, using the bacon renderings in place of the butter.
- We actually double the recipe. When doing this only cook one portion of meat at a time otherwise the meat tends to boil rather than brown.
- You can use any kind of shredded cheese you like.
Per Serving: 776 calories; 54.4 44.6 28.6 210 261 Full nutrition