Meatball and Tortellini Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This soup is a mixture of my mother's recipe and my own adjustments. It is perfect for a cold day and is usually even better the next day. Simply put it back on the stove, add a little water if needed, and warm it up. There is a lot of prep, especially because of making the meatballs homemade, but it is so worth it. My very favorite soup and full of good ingredients! My kids and husband love it too! Serve with Parmesan cheese and toasted bread."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 432
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Mix beef, pork, onion, and parsley together in a bowl. Season liberally with salt and some black pepper. Roll into small meatballs.
- Bring beef broth to a boil in a large pot. Pour in tomato sauce. Add meatballs to the boiling soup. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, skimming off oily residue occasionally, about 1 hour. Add potatoes, onion, kale, green beans, carrots, garlic, basil, and Italian seasoning; simmer until vegetables are tender, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Stir in frozen tortellini and continue to cook until heated through, about 10 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I use 12 cups of water mixed with 12 level teaspoons of Orrington Farms® beef-flavored broth base powder.
- Substitute spinach or escarole for the kale, if desired. You can use frozen green beans and fresh cheese tortellini.
- You can keep this soup in a slow cooker on Low if needed.
Per Serving: 432 calories; 16.9 42.3 28.7 78 1612 Full nutrition