Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 482
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine chicken broth, potatoes, onion, carrots, basil, parsley, and garlic powder in a Dutch oven or large pot. Stir, cover, and cook over medium heat until potatoes are soft, 1 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain grease from the skillet. Chop bacon and set aside.
- Add ground beef to the same skillet and cook over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
- Add bacon and ground beef to the soft potatoes; mix well.
- Melt butter in another skillet over medium-low heat. Add flour and whisk until brown, about 1 minute. Whisk in milk and season with salt and pepper. Add milk mixture to the soup, stirring well to combine everything. Add 1 3/4 cups Cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with remaining Cheddar and sprinkle with green onions.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use either 2% or whole milk.
Per Serving: 482 calories; 29 28.6 26.2 96 1075 Full nutrition