Instant Pot® Easter Eggs
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 72
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 hard-boiled eggs)
- Pour 1 cup water into a 6-quart multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and place a trivet inside.
- Set out 4 wide-mouth pint-sized canning jars and place 2 tablespoons vinegar into each one. Add 10 drops of food coloring of desired colors into each jar. Carefully place 2 eggs into each jar and fill with water. Set jars on the trivet.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 1 minute. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Use tongs to remove the canning jars and drain water carefully. Transfer eggs to an ice bath and let rest for 5 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I used the basic colors of red, blue, yellow, and green as a test. Feel free to do 5 drops of red and 5 drops of blue for purple eggs or 5 drops of red and 5 drops of yellow for orange eggs.
- Have your kids help assemble the jars so they are still involved in the coloring process but without the mess. Let them them decorate with non-toxic markers and stickers.
Per Serving: 72 calories; 5 0.4 6.3 186 78 Full nutrition