Rose Water Cake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 706
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan.
- Cream sugar and butter for cake together in a bowl with an electric mixer. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla extract. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt separately, then add to mix, and cream together. Stir in half-and-half and rose water. Add a few drops of food coloring to turn pinkish (or whatever color you want). Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges to loosen. Invert carefully onto a serving plate or cooling rack. Let cool, about 30 minutes.
- While cake cools, beat confectioners' sugar and butter with an electric mixer on low speed, then increase speed to medium for about 3 minutes. Add half-and-half and vanilla extract and beat for 1 minute more. Add more half-and-half if frosting is too thick. Frost cooled cake.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- To make the roses design, dot food coloring around the frosted cake, and drag into roses and petals with a toothpick.
Per Serving: 706 calories; 37.1 90.8 4.6 142 207 Full nutrition