Instant Pot® Torta Caprese (Italian Flourless Chocolate-Almond Cake)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 308
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 cake)
- Pour 2 cups water inside a 7-quart multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and insert a trivet. Generously butter an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 800 watts for 2 minutes. Whisk and microwave for another 2 minutes. Continue whisking and cooking until chocolate and butter are completely melted. Add sugar and vigorously whisk until combined. Mix in almond flour until combined. Add egg yolks and stir until incorporated.
- Beat egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer until soft peaks form. Fold into the chocolate mixture. Pour batter into the prepared cake pan and cover with aluminum foil. Set the pan on top of the trivet in the cooker.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 30 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 15 minutes. Open the lid and allow the cake to cool. Remove the cake pan with tongs and let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cake from the pan by placing a plate on top and flipping it over. Flip it again using another plate to set it right-side up.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cocoa powder and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The aluminum foil will help keep the steam from falling in the cake.
Per Serving: 308 calories; 23.3 22 6.6 80 86 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1