Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 30 m servings 383
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9x13-inch strata)
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in the skillet. Crumble when cool enough to handle.
- Add onion to drippings in the skillet; saute for 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Remove from heat; combine onion mixture and bacon.
- Whisk milk, eggs, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until well combined.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and arrange 1/2 of the bread cubes in the bottom.
- Top bread cubes with 2/3 cup Cheddar cheese, 1/2 of the onion mixture, and 6 tomato slices. Pour 1/2 of the milk mixture over tomatoes. Top with remaining bread cubes and 2/3 cup Cheddar. Top with remaining onion mixture, tomato slices, and milk mixture. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bake strata in the preheated oven, uncovered, for 55 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese and bake until cheese melts, an additional 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use 1 cup bacon bits in place of 3 cooked bacon slices.
- If you don't have fresh basil and thyme, use 2 tablespoons dried basil and 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme.
Per Serving: 383 calories; 19.6 30 21.4 185 711 Full nutrition