Poppy Seed Buttermilk Bundt® Cake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This "from-scratch" recipe is consistently the best I have ever seen and used. My grandmothers, mother, myself, and now my daughter used and use this fail-safe recipe. Husband waits around to "clean" the mixing bowl! This cake is very good, if out on counter and wrapped, for up to 3 days. Great as a dessert or for breakfast! Can sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and sugar on top, or eat it plain. Freezes nicely if wrapped well."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 322
Original recipe yields 14 servings (1 Bundt(R) cake)
- Combine buttermilk and poppy seeds in a small bowl. Soak for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Thoroughly grease a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)).
- Separate egg yolks and whites into 2 separate bowls (use a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl for the whites). Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a third bowl.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg yolks; mix until thoroughly combined. Beat in the buttermilk-poppy seed mixture and vanilla extract. Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients and beat thoroughly; repeat with remaining dry ingredients.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until there is no clear liquid left, 3 to 5 minutes. Fold into the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges to loosen. Invert carefully onto a serving plate or cooling rack. Let cool completely.
You might also like
Per Serving: 322 calories; 16 40.2 5.3 89 242 Full nutrition