Homestead Harvest Cookies
6 made it | 0 reviews |
"Delicious whole grain cookies your great-grandmother might have made... with a twist! Made with whole wheat, honey, sweet dried fruits, and black walnuts, this chewy cookie is sure to please. What a fun way to enjoy out-of-season fruit and eat a little more wholesome too! They remind me of growing up on my parents' little homestead in Missouri... my mother could do many amazing things with fruit, we never got tired of the same ol' thing with her cooking!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 113
Original recipe yields 48 servings (48 cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix 1 cup raw sugar and honey together in a bowl for honey-sugar.
- Cream remaining raw sugar, honey-sugar, and butter together in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla extract; mix thoroughly. Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Mix until evenly moist throughout. Incorporate dried apples, persimmons, and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in batches in the preheated oven until edges are golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use brown sugar instead of the honey-sugar mix.
- You can use any dried fruits you like such as peach, persimmons, apples, raisins, plums, pears. You can often find premixed fruit blends.
Per Serving: 113 calories; 5.7 15 1.6 18 71 Full nutrition