Grandma Womack's Butterhorn Cookies
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h servings 160
Original recipe yields 36 servings (36 cookies)
- Cut butter into flour in a large mixing bowl with your fingertips. Add sour cream and egg yolk; mix thoroughly until a firm dough is formed. Shape dough into a large ball, cover with waxed paper or plastic wrap, and refrigerate until fully chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and cut into 3 equal pieces. Roll 1 piece of dough into a circle. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the sugar mixture and press it into the dough. Cut into 12 wedges (like a pie) and roll each piece from the wide side to the tip to make a croissant-shaped cookie; place on the prepared baking sheets. Curl the tips of each cookie towards you to form a curved horn shape. Repeat with remaining dough and sugar mixture to form remaining cookies.
- Bake in batches in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any kind of chopped nuts you like.
Per Serving: 160 calories; 13 10.1 1.4 35 4 Full nutrition