Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 252
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 naan breads)
- Combine water, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl. Let stand until bubbly and frothy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in milk, egg, salt, and enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth, 6 to 8 minutes. Place dough into a well oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and set aside to rise until the dough has doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough and knead well. For garlic naan, knead in garlic at this point.
- Pinch off small handfuls of dough about the size of golf balls. Roll into balls, cover with a clean cloth, and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Roll out 2 balls of dough into elongated ovals. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and cook under the broiler until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Brush butter on both sides and flip. Continue broiling until the second side is firm and golden, 2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining dough.
You might also like
Per Serving: 252 calories; 5.3 42.7 7.6 26 424 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is a fantastic recipe, but we did make a couple of changes. We added extra garlic and found after that it still needed more, so if you like garlic then go heavy handed. Instead of regular ...