Homemade Low-Sugar Cake Mix
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 m servings 221
Original recipe yields 72 servings (6 bags cake mix)
- Cut butter blend into sugar blend with a hand mixer in a very large bowl until it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Combine cake flour, buttermilk powder, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in another large bowl. Add flour mixture to the butter-sugar mixture. Separate cake mix into 6 large zip-top bags.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Baking Instructions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour cake pan(s) of choice (see below). Combine 1 bag of cake mix with 3/4 cup milk, 2 large eggs, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined. Transfer into the prepared baking pan(s). Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (see below for times). Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges to loosen. Invert carefully onto a serving plate or cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- For a 9x13-inch pan, bake for 35 to 38 minutes. For two 8-inch round pans, bake for 35 to 38 minutes. For two 9-inch round pans, bake for 30 to 33 minutes. For a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt®), bake for 45 to 50 minutes. If using dark metal pans, lower oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cake Variations: For a white cake, omit the egg yolks and only add the whites. For a spice cake, add 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. For a chocolate cake, add 3/4 cup cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter.
Per Serving: 221 calories; 9.2 29.3 2.7 3 528 Full nutrition