Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 131
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut acorn squash in half and remove seeds and pulp. Place cut-side down in a baking dish; add about 1 inch of water.
- Roast in the preheated oven until a knife can be easily inserted, 20 to 30 minutes.
- While squash roasts, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion until almost translucent, about 5 minutes. Mix in garlic and ginger. Add apple and cook, stirring regularly to keep from sticking, until it starts to get mushy, 7 to 10 minutes. Pour in 1/4 of the chicken broth. Add curry powder, cinnamon, cardamom, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Remove squash from the oven and let cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes. Remove skin carefully, chop flesh roughly with a knife, and mash some of the flesh.
- Add squash to the pot with remaining chicken broth. Simmer soup over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Pour into large bowls and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You may also roast the squash seeds to add as garnish later. Simply remove any pulp, wash, place in a sprayed baking pan and sprinkle with salt. Keen an eye on them because they will burn.
- If you want your apple to retain its color (doesn't really matter) you may mix it with a bit of orange or lemon juice.
Per Serving: 131 calories; 3.8 23.1 4 0 209 Full nutrition