Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 759
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place each shrimp on a flat work surface and butterfly by slicing horizontally through the middle, being careful not to cut all the way through to the other side.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl; mix in milk. Place shrimp in milk mixture and soak for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix flour, cornmeal, and seafood seasoning together and pour into a zip-top bag. Place 5 to 6 shrimp in the bag and shake well.
- Drop shrimp in the hot oil and fry until golden brown and opaque in the centers, about 5 minutes. Remove and place on paper towels to soak out oil. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use Tony Chachere's® Creole Seasoning instead of Old Bay®, if preferred.
- Editor's Notes:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of dredging mixture. The actual amount consumed will vary.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 759 calories; 15.2 112.1 39.7 322 3576 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1