Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 544
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 fluted tube cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)).
- Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 cup butter, eggs, and vanilla extract together with an electric mixer until well blended. Beat on high speed, scraping the bowl occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sift flour and baking powder together in a separate small bowl. Combine milk and 1/3 cup rum in another bowl. Add liquids and flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately, blending well after each addition. Fold in pineapple and coconut gently. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake begins to pull from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven, invert onto a plate, and cool for 10 minutes. Poke holes on the top of the cake using a wooden skewer.
- While cake cools, combine 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan for glaze. Bring to a boil over medium heat and continue to boil, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup rum.
- Pour 1/2 of glaze in the bottom of the Bundt(R) pan, carefully reinvert the cake back into the pan on top of the glaze. Drizzle remaining glaze onto the bottom of the cake; let sit for 5 to 10 minutes to absorb glaze. Invert cake onto a cake platter.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I crushed my pineapples with a potato masher since the "crushed" ones from the can were too mushy. Make sure to drain the juice after crushing pineapple. If it's too soggy the first day, just wait until the next.
Per Serving: 544 calories; 22.6 74.6 6.6 129 85 Full nutrition