Favorite Plum Pie
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I know there are lots of pie recipes on AllRecipes.com. I only found one for classic plum pie, and lots for cherry pie, but each had features I didn't care for, so I combined what I thought were the best parts, and this is the result. This recipe is easily doubled, tripled, or whatever, depending on the amount of fruit you have."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 256
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 pie)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place plums into a bowl and stir in sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and almond extract with a rubber spatula. Spoon into a prepared pie shell.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and crust is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I have not specified the crust; I'll leave that up to you. I used to make all my own crusts by hand, 2 knives to cut shortening into flour. Nowadays, I mostly use store-bought crust. Almost as good with almost no effort.
- You can leave the top open, or do a top crust, or lattice crust as you like.
Per Serving: 256 calories; 7.6 46.1 1.8 0 117 Full nutrition