Lamb Baby Food
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 22
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place the lamb shank in a saucepan, cover with water, and add thyme. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until meat is falling off the bone, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Transfer lamb and 16 ounces cooking liquid to 2 separate containers. Place in the refrigerator to chill, 1 hour to overnight. Discard remaining cooking liquid.
- Skim off any solidified fat from the chilled cooking liquid and discard.
- Remove meat from bone and place in a food processor. Discard bone, excess fat, and tendons. Add 2 1/2 ounces cooking liquid to the meat and process until a fine, even texture is achieved, adding more liquid as needed.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- To freeze for later, spoon 1-ounce portions of the mixture into a baby food freezing tray. Freeze and use within 3 months.
Per Serving: 22 calories; 1.1 0.1 2.7 9 6 Full nutrition