Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 295
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place squash halves in a shallow pan and cover with water.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender, 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool partially, about 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; do not drain fat. Add onion and garlic to sausage and cook and stir over medium-high heat until onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove flesh from squash, leaving 1/3-inch flesh in the shell to keep it sturdy. Mix squash flesh, sausage mixture, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, oregano, and cayenne together in a bowl. Stuff squash shells with mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 295 calories; 14.4 31.7 13.1 38 649 Full nutrition