Ingredients35 m servings 193
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a large bowl; beat together until fluffy. Beat in molasses and water.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a separate bowl. Slowly mix into the creamed butter mixture until smooth.
- Place 1 cup chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring after each interval, 1 to 3 minutes. Add to the dough and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in white sugar. Insert 1 chocolate chip into the center of each ball of dough. Make sure you can still see a bit of the chocolate chip sticking out, but not too much. Arrange on baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops begin to crack, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 3 minutes before moving to wire racks to finish cooling.
Per Serving: 193 calories; 9.2 27.3 2 17 130 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These are GOOD!! I made the recipe as is and they are perfect! This recipe is the perfect combination of spice and chocolate. I do suggest using a double boiler (if you have one) to melt the cho...
I went with half the sugar and a whole teaspoon of ginger. Also, left off rolling them in the sugar at the end.