Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 394
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 8x8-inch pan)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix oats, flour, brown sugar, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Stir in melted butter. Measure 1/3 of the oat mixture into a separate bowl; stir in chopped cookies. Reserve for the topping. Press the remaining oat mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and 1/2 of the dark chocolate in a heavy 1 1/2-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Stir brown sugar and vanilla into the melted chocolate mixture. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, until mixture is glossy and smooth.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder together. Stir into the chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining dark chocolate. Spread brownie batter over the baked oat base. Sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake until the center is set and the topping has turned golden brown, 25 to 28 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute coconut macaroons if you don't have any Samoas® on hand.
Per Serving: 394 calories; 21.4 48 4.7 62 143 Full nutrition