Salmon BLT Sandwich
6 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 1242
Original recipe yields 2 servings (2 large sandwiches)
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and extra crispy, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels.
- While the bacon is cooking, place bread on a baking sheet and use a pastry brush to lightly coat the tops with olive oil.
- Toast bread, without turning, under the preheated broiler until crispy (like a crouton), about 4 minutes, watching carefully as it toasts. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to a large skillet with butter. Season salmon with salt and place skin-side down in the hot pan. Cook until skin is crispy and salmon is nearly cooked through, about 6 minutes. Flip and cook until top side of fish is just browned, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from the pan, discard skins, and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on the untoasted side of a bread slice. Top with 1 salmon fillet, 1 tablespoon pesto, 2 lettuce leaves, 2 tomato slices, 2 slices bacon, 1 slice Havarti cheese, and a slice of bread, toasted-side out. Repeat to assemble remaining sandwich.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- It's best to do all of your prep before you cook the salmon as it does cook so quickly.
- I use white mountain bread.
- You can use olive oil cooking spray instead of olive oil, if preferred.
Per Serving: 1242 calories; 100.4 29.6 56.2 171 1545 Full nutrition