Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 334
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add onion and celery; saute until onion begins to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer onion mixture to a bowl.
- Add broth and ham shank to the same pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until ham is tender and falling off the bone, about 1 hour. Transfer ham and bone to a plate. Chop ham when cool enough to handle. Discard bone.
- Add onion mixture to the broth, along with 1/2 of the sweet potato, 1/2 of the cauliflower, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, discard bay leaf, and use emulsion blender to blend until smooth.
- Add remaining potatoes and cauliflower and bring to a simmer. Cook until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Add ham, liquid smoke, salt, and pepper. Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Carrots also work great in this recipe in place of 1/2 of the sweet potatoes, if you like.
Per Serving: 334 calories; 21.7 16.7 17.7 61 976 Full nutrition