Vegan Tres Leches Cake
10 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 50 m servings 270
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 11x7-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 11x7-inch baking pan.
- Mix egg replacer with 1/2 cup water in a bowl. Add sugar and beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Beat in remaining 1/4 cup water, vanilla extract, and coconut extract. Add flour, baking powder, and salt, beating until batter is smooth. Pour into the baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 28 to 33 minutes. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack.
- Combine sweetened condensed coconut milk, dairy-free heavy whipping cream, cream of coconut, vanilla, and coconut extract in a bowl for the tres leches sauce.
- Poke holes into the top of the cooled cake with a skewer. Pour sauce over the cake using a large spoon, allowing it to soak into the holes. Cover and refrigerate until most of the sauce is absorbed, at least 4 hours.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making the egg replacer are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the package if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 270 calories; 7 51 1.1 0 120 Full nutrition