Spring Garden Pasta
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Press flower petals and snipped herbs between sheets of this easy and excellent homemade pasta dough. Then toss with butter, Parm, and more herbs for a gorgeous pappardelle. Garnish with additional whole flowers and herbs. This Allrecipes Magazine recipe is based on Easy Homemade Pasta Dough by pho1962."
Featured in Allrecipes Magazine — Subscribe!
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 493
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Beat flour, eggs, oil, and salt together in a bowl. Add water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until a smooth and very thick dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a work surface and knead until very smooth, about 10 minutes. Cover; let dough rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 balls. Roll each into a thin sheet about 18 inches long using a pasta roller or a rolling pin. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon flower petals, 1/4 tablespoon thyme, and 1/4 tablespoon dill on the lengthwise half of each sheet. Fold sheet in half over petals and herbs, then roll again into a thin sheet. Cut into long, 1-inch wide strips using a pizza cutter.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and boil until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Toss with Parmesan cheese, butter, lemon zest, and juice. Season with salt and pepper.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any edible flower petals, such as violas, dianthus, pansies, or fennel flowers.
Per Serving: 493 calories; 25.6 51.7 15.6 179 911 Full nutrition