Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 5 m servings 184
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place chicken breasts into the bottom of a slow cooker. Add enough water to just cover. Add onion, salsa, garlic, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, salt, and black pepper; stir.
- Cook until chicken breasts are no longer pink in the centers, on High for 6 hours or Low for 8 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove chicken to a plate and shred with 2 forks.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- The seasoning is just a basic example. I tend to use far more, but some people have a lower spice tolerance.
- If you wish to add more flavor to the chicken, place it into a pot after it has all been shredded. Add some of the liquid from the slow cooker until it is about 1/3 of the way up the chicken. Add some more of the same spices listed above, if desired. Simmer over low heat, stirring frequently, until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
Per Serving: 184 calories; 4.2 10.9 27.1 67 2936 Full nutrition