Wonton Soup for Two
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"The recipe I modified to make this version (from Favorite Brand Name Soup) called for making the wontons 12 at a time. I liked the idea of making more ahead of time so I can throw the soup ingredients together in a jiffy and the wontons are already made. My husband brags about this soup and asks me to make it special for him. This soup for two is so easy and delicious, you'll be craving it yourself!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 963
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Combine ground pork, water chestnuts, soy sauce, egg whites, ginger, and garlic for wontons in a bowl.
- Place 1 wonton wrapper on a work surface with a point facing you so it looks like a diamond. Dip your finger in water and lightly moisten the bottom 2 edges of the wonton wrapper. Place 1 teaspoon of meat filling near the point closest to you. Pull the further corner over the meat to the corner nearest to you and seal the point. Gently squeeze the air out of the wonton with both hands while sealing the edges. Set the finished wonton on dry parchment paper. Repeat until the meat filling or the wontons are gone.
- Combine chicken broth and soy sauce for soup in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; add 12 wontons, stirring gently so the wontons don't stick to each other, and cook for 4 minutes. Stir in kale and green onions and cook until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in sesame oil and carrot. Ladle into two bowls and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Ideally this recipe will yield 12 wontons (for 2 servings) plus 36 to freeze. Freeze unused wontons in a single layer in the freezer and then store in a freezer bag up to 3 months. Cook for 6 minutes from frozen.
- Soup ingredients are set to 2 servings at a time, so if you want to serve all 8 servings of wontons at once, multiple the soup ingredients by 4.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of wontons. The actual amount of wontons consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 963 calories; 27.3 127 48.1 102 4742 Full nutrition